— Twitter Philippines (@TwitterPH) May 17, 2017
Embeddable Tweet: https://twitter.com/TwitterPH/status/864950015202021379
Below are the most important updates rolling out in the coming days:
- Increased transparency: Twitter is expanding Your Twitter Data to give people the most transparent access to their Twitter information to date, including demographic and interest data, and advertisers that have included them in their tailored audiences on Twitter. Each category of data will be clearly marked, and they will be able to view or modify this data directly.
- New controls: Twitter is also launching new Personalization and Data settings that offer even more granular control over how the company use users’ data, including how the company personalizes people’s experience on Twitter and user option to share information through certain partnerships. People can use these controls to better personalize their experience on Twitter and opt out of various types of data usage and sharing with a single switch.
- Personalization across your devices: When people log in, Twitter will associate their device with their account for purposes such as authentication and personalization. The company may also personalize your experience based on information from other devices besides the ones they use to log into Twitter – this can be turned off in the Personalization and Data For example, if people visit websites with sports content on their laptop, they can use this setting to help control whether Twitter show them sports-related ads on Twitter for Android or iOS.
- Web data: We’ve expanded how we use and store data from other websites that integrate Twitter content, like embedded Tweets. This will allow Twitter to further improve and personalize the services, connecting people with the stories, brands and organic content they care about most. The company do not store web page visit data for users who are in the European Union and EFTA States. We’re also excited to announce that we will be participating in the Swiss-US Privacy Shield and adhering to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
- Data sharing: We’ve updated on how we share non-personal, aggregated, and device-level data, including through some select partnership agreements that allow the data to be linked to your name, email, or other personal information – but only when you give your consent to those partners.
Privacy is built into Twitter’s DNA as a company and it’s something the company take an active role in promoting and advocating for across the world. Twitter partners with civil society, they stand up to governments and continue to evolve efforts around transparency. Twitter’s commitment to protecting and defending users’ privacy will continue as they build industry leadership on this issue. For more information, visit Twitter Help Center.
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now. On Twitter, live comes to life as conversations unfold, showing you all sides of the story. From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics and everyday interests, when things happen in the world, they happen first on Twitter. Twitter is available in more than 40 languages around the world. The service can be accessed at twitter.com, on a variety of mobile devices and via SMS. For more information, visit about.twitter.com or follow @twitter and @TwitterPH. For information on how to download the Twitter and Periscope apps, visit twitter.com/download and periscope.tv.
For further information, please contact:
|Cipluk Carlita (@CiplukCarlita)
Communications Manager, Indonesia & Philippines, Twitter
|Sheila Rada (@RadaSheila)
Dominguez Marketing Communications, Inc.
+639189020722 (Smart) / +639228810543 (Sun)