Where in the world are the best and worst places to be a driver? The Waze Driver Satisfaction Index analyzes the driving experience of millions of monthly active Waze users in 39 countries and 217 metros to create a single numeric score, from satisfying (10) to miserable (1). While Waze has more than 90 million monthly active users globally in more than 185 countries, Waze chose to focus on countries and metros with more than 40,000+ monthly active users to ensure data accuracy and fair market comparisons.
Waze, the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app, has found that drivers in the Philippines are among the least satisfied in the world according to its 3rd annual global Driver Satisfaction Index.
Many traffic indices only look at a single quantifiable factor such as time spent in traffic. The Driver Satisfaction Index measures six qualitative and quantitative attributes to provide an unprecedented look at the overall driver experience in cities and countries worldwide.
Driver Satisfaction Index six key factors:
- Traffic -density and severity of traffic
- Quality -road quality and infrastructure
- Road Safety -density of accidents, road hazards and weather
- Driver Services -access to gas stations and easy parking
- Socio Economic -access to cars and impact of gas prices
- Wazeyness -Happiness and helpfulness of the Waze community
Waze Driver Satisfaction Index Highlights:
- In Southeast Asia, Malaysia has been ranked as the best place to drive (number 21 globally). Singapore, Indonesia and The Philippines are ranked 30, 36 and 39 respectively.
- In APAC, the Philippines’ driving dissatisfaction trails behind that of Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia due to unhappiness with traffic jam length, commute time and helpfulness of the driving community.
- In contrast, Singapore is among the top five countries with the best driver services worldwide, thanks to efficient access to gas stations and easy parking. Russia, Argentina, Hungary and United States rounded out the top five.
- Globally, Venezuela is the only country with a 10 on the happiness index; Singapore scored a 2.3.
- European cities dominate the top of the overall index, occupying eight of the leading ten spots.
Waze is the social navigation pioneer, leveraging mobile technology and a passionate global community to redefine expectations of today’s maps. Waze is home to the world’s largest network of drivers who work together daily to outsmart traffic and save time and money. The app consistently recommends the fastest routes based on real-time driving and data from millions of users. From traffic reroutes to low gas price alerts and relevant offers from favourite brands, Waze is one of the most comprehensive driving companions in the marketplace. To download the free Waze app for iOS or Android, visit http://www.waze.com.
Dominguez Marketing Communications, Inc.
+63 918 902 0722 (Smart) / +63 922 881 0543 (Sun)