- New solution optimized for applications and workloads for SMBs and branch officesof large enterprises
- “Private Cloud in a Box,” the PowerEdge VRTX eliminates the complexity, cost and sprawl of disparate IT devices and multiple management tools
MANILA, Philippines, June 27, 2013 –Dell today announced further differentiation to its converged infrastructure portfolioto help customers of all sizes address a common set of challenges related to the complexity, inefficiency and rigidity in current IT infrastructure. The new solution can be tailored for specific application and workload use cases, and today, Dell is bringing enterprise-class converged technology to a whole new set of customers: branch office companies and the small and medium business (SMB) market.
Dell is on the forefront of helping a broad range of customers with an array of converged and pre-integrated solutions, each designed to address these different customers’ common needs for simplicity and agility. In fact, a recent IDC forecast1 reveals that spending on converged systems will grow at a compound annual rate of more than 54 percent over the 2011-2016 forecast period, driven by the cost advantages and efficiency related to operations and management of IT, simplification of vendor engagement, and faster time to productivity with IT system updates.
“Dell’s customer-inspired innovation is driven by our deep understanding of the business realities impacting customers’ today, and interpreting those trends through delivery of modern IT architectures conceived and engineered for the needs of different businesses – one size does not fit all,” said Christopher Papa, country manager, Dell Philippines. “With the new solution we have unveiled today, Dell is demonstrating its differentiated approach to solution development for customers of all sizes – from the small office of five people to large enterprise datacenters.”
Office-scale: Dell PowerEdge VRTX
To date, workload and application-centric IT infrastructure has been engineered for large enterprises, and does not address the needs of quickly growing remote/branch office (ROBO) or small-to-medium business (SMB) customers. According toresearch commissioned in 2013 by Dell and Intel, U.S. small businesses and startups are more optimistic and planning to grow their companies in the near future and consider access to technology as key to successful growth. Despite this anticipated growth, most businesses surveyed say technology supports day-to-day operations, while only a moderate percentage view technology as a strategic asset. However, the technology solutions often used by these customers – particularly within healthcare, retail and banking industries – and channel partners lack the flexibility, scalability, and ease of management necessary to grow efficiently and compete with larger organizations.
Dell’s heritage is built on delivering IT solutions that scale to customers of all sizes. Following that customer focus, Dell introduces PowerEdge VRTX, a Private Cloud in a Box and the first converged IT solution designed specifically for remote and small office environments, with enterprise-class capabilities in a desk-side, space-saving design. Dell PowerEdge VRTX enables customers and partners to:
- · Experience greater simplicity: With servers, storage, networking and management converged into a single compact chassis, PowerEdge VRTX uses up to 86 percent fewer cables and can save customers time, compared to installing individual task-specific systems.In addition, itcan eliminate the complexity, cost and sprawl of disparate external devices and multiple management tools.
- Realize improved efficiency: Experience enhanced productivity with updates to Dell OpenManage Essentials for PowerEdge VRTX which include comprehensive, remote, agent-free systems management capabilities with a new geographical view of distributed IT assets that can help save time and reduce potential for error. Bundled with each PowerEdge VRTX system is Dell’s Chassis Management Controller (CMC) embedded console, for unified and streamlined control over server, storage and networking components.
- Achieve greater value with a pre-configured solution: Dell PowerEdge VRTX addresses a need among channel partners for pre-configured, advanced business solutions that can be enhanced with software and services important to customers in vertical industries.
“Emerson Process Management customers are increasingly demanding virtualization technology because it makes it easier and more efficient for them to install, run and expand our process automation systems in their operations, particularly in remote locations,” said David Imming, vice president of product and services marketing for Emerson Process Management, a global manufacturing and technology company whose customers run highly sophisticated and complex process operations. “To date, virtualization technologies have required expensive, time-consuming and complex server technology installations. Emerson’s early tests of the new Dell PowerEdge VRTX show that it significantly reduces the time, costs, footprint and IT expertise needed for our customers to run and expand their process automation systems. This complements Emerson’s vision and our focus on Human Centered Design to help our customers get the greatest value from their technology investments and operate their facilities safer, more reliably and with reduced complexity.”
- The PowerEdge VRTX will be available in the coming weeks.
1 Source: IDC, Worldwide Converged Systems 2013-2016 Forecast: Adoption Fueled by Fast Time-to-Market Demands, Doc #237979, Nov 2012.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
|Dominguez Marketing Communications, Inc.