NBA® 2K15 Season Tips-Off Today
Award-winning NBA 2K series supremacy continues; setting higher bar with more expansive modes, new features, and ultra-realistic gameplay
New York, NY – October 9, 2014 – 2K today announced that NBA® 2K15, the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*, is now available in the Philippines for purchase at retail and online vendors internationally. Building on NBA 2K14’s more than 70 Game of the Year Nominations, NBA 2K15 returns with more modes, new features and the incredibly realistic on-court and off-court action fans have come to expect. Featuring 2013-14 NBA Most Valuable Player Kevin Durant on the cover, and an eclectic soundtrack curated by internationally renowned artist Pharrell Williams, NBA 2K15 will once again raise the quality bar for sports simulations.
“NBA 2K15 is one of the most ambitious sports titles in video game history,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development at 2K Sports. “We’ve surpassed our own goals to move this franchise in new directions by pushing the boundaries of both hardware and software technologies to createa game that will change what fans can expect from sports simulations.”
NBA 2K15 is available for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.
NBA 2K15 for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC offers the following new features,expanded modes and more:
- Facial Scanning – All-new in-game technology enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never beforethrough revolutionary 3-D facial scanning.Using native first-party camera hardware, NBA 2K fans can see themselves stand out as individuals while living the life of a player in MyCAREER, becoming the face of a franchise in MyGM, or playing with friends online in multiplayer modes. (Not available for Windows PC).
- Gameplay – 2K’s groundbreaking, dynamic gameplay returns with over 6,000 new on-court animations, all-new defensive AI and shooting systems, and an emphasis on more control during offense and defense, making NBA 2K15 the most connected sports simulation experience ever.
- MyCAREER – MyCAREER players will experience a whole new story of NBA life both on and off the court, as they develop and hone their MyPLAYER through the journey from undrafted rookie to NBA star. NBA 2K15’s MyCAREER mode features encounters with real-life NBA mentors from all 30 teams, coaching from legendary NBA coach Doc Rivers, an all-new upgrade system, and badges that reflect your on-court status.
- MyPARK –NBA 2K’s revolutionary online multiplayer competitive street mode returns bigger and better than ever in NBA 2K15. This year, the stakes are even higher, with new parks, affiliations, competition, rep system, squads and integration with the MyNBA 2K15 mobile app.
- Presentation–NBA 2K15 takes its world-class realism further with an updated broadcast style presentation and pre-game show featuring hosts Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal, and delivering more authentic commentary and analysis on the action.
- NBA 2KTV– Players can now stay connected to the NBA 2K community better than ever through an innovative, gamer-focused, in-game broadcast program. Hosted by sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita, NBA2K TV will be the source for NBA 2K community news giving dedicated NBA 2K players a voice in the content of each show.
Follow @NBA2K on Twitter and use the hashtag #YourTimeHasCome for the latest NBA 2K15 news.
Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.
*According to 2008 – 2014 Metacritic.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through August 2014.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, 2K Australia, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise**. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
**According to 2008 – 2014 Metacritic.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through August2014.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “potential,” “predicts,” “projects,” “seeks,” “will,” or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company’s future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current and next-generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014, including the risks summarized in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2014, and the Company’s other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
# # #